Building the future of event discovery requires you to be in constant development. As a small and agile team with limited resources the management had to take our first excruciating decision: We simply cannot afford to spend any more time and money to develop for another platform. Last night we took us down from Google Play and we will go full throttle solely on iOS. If you already downloaded Vamos on your phone it will continue to work as it is.
To all Android users reading this:
We understand the disappointment. We know it has a higher OS share and is rapidly increasing, but moving forward with Android would require our (small) team to spend more time finding and killing bugs than innovating event discovery. I believe this decision will be the best for all of us - since this allows us to go back into full throttle again & then come back with an amazing Android app.
Did we reach positive exponential growth with 2.1?
I have some great news to share. First of all it looks like we had the best (completely unaided) Tuesday in our history in terms of usage since we launched on iOS launch with all the buzz that came with it. Normally our Mondays and Tuesdays are our bottom “valleys” and the Weekends are the peaks in our user data.
Secondly our install / sign-in trend is looking very good! It might be so that something happened yesterday that made a small spike, but the trend looks very good and suggests that we’re finally reaching a K-factor of 1.0 (or positive exponential growth). (Every new user, adds at least 1 new user)
FRESH OUT OF THE BOX
Last month we worked hard on improving your event city guide.
- Added “notification tab” and an button for pinging events over to individual friends - through the app if they have Vamos or via Facebook if they don’t.
- Redesigned the App icon and our webpage
- Added a “Search this area” button on the map view for viewing events in any city of the world.
- We also cleaned out spam events, fixed bugs and improved the stability.
We hope you will enjoy our best version yet and stay tuned for the next one! It’s gonna be a killer.
Twinsies! (at Vamos HQ)
Champagne in Coke glasses to celebrate our 2.0 launch! #friday #startuplife #drinks (at Vamos HQ)
If you live in a big city you’re constantly missing out on all the fun happening around you. Until today it’s been a full time job to keep up. Vamos is an app that thousands of people the world all over are using every week to navigate cities and keep themselves updated.
The design of the iOS app was Inspired by great artists such as Toulouse Lautrec, Alfons Mucha, the Bauhaus movement and Jason Munn. At a first glance the app looks very simple, listing nearby events into one place. Just like iTunes’ music covers - every event poster is integrated with contextual data such as maps, Instagram photos from the venue, friends attending and then turned into a colorful collage of relevant information.
○ 4.3 average rating in the App Store
○ Chosen as “1/10 app ideas that can change the way we travel… forever” by Venture Village
○ Live in 50 markets
○ Finalist as “Global app of the year” at MPA ’13 at the MWC
○ Has an own TV show about life as indie developers on Deutsche Welle
○ Translated into 14 languages
○ Releasing their 2.0 in the App Store today on the 1st of March
Shirts as far as the eye can see! #berlin #screenprint #screenprinting #nearlydone #vamos (at Vamos HQ)